Senior Accountant for Special Project
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Coachella, CA 92236 US
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant for a special project that will last approximately 60 days.
- Must be able to update the schedule of fixed assets
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and report for external auditors and assist the Finance Director/Controller/Accounting Manager during the annual auditing process
- Reconcile Revenues and expenditures
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Modern principles, practices, and methods of public and governmental accounting and financing, including program budgeting and auditing and their application to municipal operations.
- General principles and practices of data processing and its applicability to accounting and municipal operations.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances affecting municipal financial operations.
- Principles and practices of business organization and public administration.
- Research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Technical report writing and preparation of correspondence.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment.
- Computer applications related to work, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and staff.
- Analyze financial data and draw sound conclusions.
- Evaluate and develop improvements in operations, procedures, policies, or methods.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data in an effective manner.
- Interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Conduct research projects, evaluate alternatives, make sound recommendations, and prepare effective technical staff reports.
- Follow department policies and procedures related to assigned duties.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record-keeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: ( Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be):
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field and five (5) years of responsible professional public accounting experience.
Full-time / Mon - Thurs
Pay = $48.87/hr
Meet Your Recruiter
I love working with job seekers! As the office manager for Proper Solutions, I wear many hats and recruiting is my favorite. Living in the Coachella Valley for the last 30+ years has allowed me to build relationships with many local business and leaders. Please feel free to reach out via email email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you!