Plant Operator Supervisor
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Thermal, CA 92274 US
Our client is looking for a Plant Operator Supervisor that would be responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of continuous biological processing equipment, pumps, cooling and heating equipment, separation equipment, conveyors, heavy machinery, storage facilities, and pipeline systems via both computer controls and onsite operations and oversees the Plant Operator. The position coordinates daily with the crop production team to ensure supportive materials and systems for crop production are sufficient and operational. May be required to occasionally coordinate corrective or repair efforts after hours in emergency conditions or remotely monitor equipment conditions. Coordinates or directly performs daily measurements of various parameters with standard laboratory equipment. Regularly reports systems status and measurements and produces reports for the management team. Ensures that preventative and repair maintenance is routinely performed and actively engages with the team for improvement and system upgrades as indicated. Expected to be comfortable in a manufacturing environment, preferably continuous manufacturing environments. The role is multidisciplinary, incorporating familiarity with machinery and mechanical acumen as well as electronic control systems and their interdependencies. A strong understanding of biological processes and a background in science or engineering are preferred. Should be comfortable working in a bilingual team setting and communicating needs between other facility members and supervisors. Experience in the beer and wine industry or indoor agriculture is a plus.
Detailed Work Activities (Perform a variety of tasks related to Plant Operations):
• Oversee the work of the Plant Operator
• Routinely collect water samples and perform basic analyses
• Record observations and organize data and analysis results accordingly
• Operate and maintain critical equipment related to the plant and associated facilities
• Coordinate with the crop production team to plan for seasonal demands
• Lead Start-Up/ Ramp-Up/Ramp-Down procedures for equipment
• Troubleshoot biological processing systems and machinery
• Control and adapt operation settings to maintain optimal plant operation
• Perform new and evolving tasks as projects and developments advance
• Communicate measurements and operation information with management
• Maintain a safe working environment and exhibit the company's core values
• Oversee the work of the Plant Operator.
• Conduct water analysis, specifically: pH, temperature, EC, and auto-titrations, while observing proper methods and safety measures in a laboratory setting.
• Record and organize data from continuous processes in addition to new and evolving projects
• Observe, communicate, and take action where necessary on existing and developing continuous manufacturing systems.
• Observe and ensure uninterrupted operation of critical equipment in a greenhouse setting in addition to microbial bioprocessing equipment.
• Coordinate transfers of waters between vessels with pumps and hoses under normal operations or emergency actions.
• Observe and report recognized critical operation parameters of bioprocessing systems
• Organized set up and execution of experiments in the field and occasionally in a laboratory setting
• Perform physical labor such as cleaning surfaces, piping, tanks, pumps, and other critical equipment
• Communicate effectively between many departments
• Ability to supervise personnel
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma required
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, agriculture, or science (biology or chemistry) field is a plus
• Experience in the beer and wine industry or commercial composting is a plus
• Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus
• Knowledge of the operation, control, and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing plant is a plus
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as percentages, ratios, and proportions, to practical solutions is required
• Basic computer skills such as opening, creating, and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required
• Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties, and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders, at various levels of the organization, in a business-like and professional manner is required
• Supervise, motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
• Ability to modify communication style to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required
• Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks
• Ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy
• Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment
• Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment
• Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools
• Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched, or kneeling position
• Routinely reacts to visual, aural, and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to inspect work visually
• May work in confined spaces (i.e., tanks, between compressors, vessels)
• Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., and manually transport a load up to 75 lbs
Full-time / Monday through Friday / 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Pay = $67K-$75K (DOE)
Meet Your Recruiter
As the owner of Proper Solutions, I never wanted to give up interacting and working with candidates. That's what I love to do! I am actively involved with many organization in the community and keep my ear to the ground to hear about job opportunities in the Coachella Valley. Please feel free to reach out via email email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you!