74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 La Quinta, CA 92253
Design Assistant needed to assist Designer in planning and designing of residential environments by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Designer in conferring with client to determine architectural options, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Assist Designer with color schemes and color coordination.
- Assist Designer with rendering design ideas in the form of drafting, paste-ups, drawings or illustrations; estimates material requirements and costs and presents design to client for approval.
- Assist Designer in preparing drawings of custom built-ins for estimating and fabrication. The final dimensioned drawings will be completed by the Built-In company.
- Assist Designer in buyer option/construction options by researching, bidding, producing Addendum to Purchase Agreements, sketches, specifications sheets and following through on installations by field checks.
- Assist in creating memos, correspondence and other documents when necessary; performs other clerical duties such as filing, organizing office and client file check lists.
- Assist Designer with client correspondence by returning client s calls, faxes or e-mails.
- Accompany Designer on construction or client construction field walks:
Pre-dry wall walks, Cabinet Walks, Lot Walks to review shower tile and flooring installation.
- Assist Designer with tile approval.
- Attend educational meetings, seminars and field trips to further their education.
- Assist Receptionist with phone coverage on assigned days (may include some Holidays). Assist Receptionist by completing daily showroom responsibilities on assigned phone coverage days.
- Assist Receptionist with weekend coverage if she is on vacation or out sick.
- Assist Sales with On-Call weekends (during Season months only) for potential buyer questions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate s degree from two-year college of Interior Design or Experience commensurate with the job requirements. Some construction background is recommended.
COMPREHENSION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
The ability to communicate effectively with client, vendors and other company personnel is extremely important. These skills are mandatory for this position:
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS The following is required per Company policy:
Valid Drivers License
Social Security Card
Employment Eligibility Verification Documents
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS The requirements list below are highly desirable for this position:
American Society of Interior Designers Membership
International Society of Interior Designers Membership
National Certification of Interior Designers Membership
Pay = $42, 000 to $45, 000 yearly -- DOE
Meet Your Recruiter
Meegan is the President/CEO of Proper Solutions Staffing.
A graduate of the University of Illinois, she began her career with Proper Solutions in 2005 as Operations Manager, making improvements in recruiting methods and in seeking and securing the most qualified applicants for their clients.
Seven years later, Meegan became the Owner/President, handling everything from sales and marketing to recruitment and staffing. With a focus on the area’s employment needs, Meegan and her team strive to provide their clients with professional, friendly and personalized service.
Meegan’s desire to make a difference in people’s lives is evident, not just in her career choice, but in her volunteer efforts as well. She served on the board of the Palm Desert Rotary for seven years, and as President in the 2014/2015 year. Meegan also served on the board of the Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce for six years, and is currently a director for the Galilee Center, the World Affairs Council of the Desert, and the Family YMCA of the Desert.