Controller for Nonprofit Agency
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Palm Desert, CA 92260
Our client, a local nonprofit organization, is seeking a Controller to join their team. This role will report directly to the CEO and serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors regarding financial matters.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Hiring, training and supervising department staff members
- Establishing and implementing fiscal policies and procedures
- Reconciling bank statements and balance sheet accounts monthly
- Develops and manages oversight of the annual budgets
- Finalizes year-end financial statements and coordinates with outside accounting firm.
- Bachelor' s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional work in finance, accounting or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Salary $70-85K DOE, medical, dental
Meet Your Recruiter
Meegan is the President/CEO of Proper Solutions Staffing.
A graduate of the University of Illinois, she began her career with Proper Solutions in 2005 as Operations Manager, making improvements in recruiting methods and in seeking and securing the most qualified applicants for their clients.
Seven years later, Meegan became the Owner/President, handling everything from sales and marketing to recruitment and staffing. With a focus on the area’s employment needs, Meegan and her team strive to provide their clients with professional, friendly and personalized service.
Meegan’s desire to make a difference in people’s lives is evident, not just in her career choice, but in her volunteer efforts as well. She served on the board of the Palm Desert Rotary for seven years, and as President in the 2014/2015 year. Meegan also served on the board of the Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce for six years, and is currently a director for the Galilee Center, the World Affairs Council of the Desert, and the Family YMCA of the Desert.