Bilingual Admin. Assistant for Governmental Agency
Coachella, CA 92236 US
Our client is looking for a temporary bilingual Administrative Assistant to perform the following duties:
- Perform a wide variety of general clerical and office work including the maintenance of accurate and detailed files, logs, manuals, and records; verify accuracy of information.
- Prepare routine correspondence, forms, reports, correspondence, and memoranda using word processing software that is similar to Microsoft Office suite of software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Perform routine clerical and logistical support tasks in preparation for meetings; arrange and schedule meetings; deliver and pick up documents.
- Maintain routine records.
- Receive and record payments and issue receipts; receive monies as payment for various fees or services; issue documents and prepare receipts according to established procedures.
- Operate office equipment including copiers, facsimile machines and computers; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain records storage and filing.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain a calendar of activities, meetings and various events for the assigned department or division.
- Answer telephone; screen and route calls to appropriate personnel. Provide front counter assistance including providing information; respond to and resolve complaints and requests for information.
- Organize and manage efficiency of the department; prepare and/or organize files, order supplies, process and distribute mail.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Basic departmental policies and procedures desired.
- Basic clerical accounting principles and procedures.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Methods and techniques of proper phone etiquette.
- All tools, equipment, procedures and safety precautions for the division.
- Safety practices and procedures.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Type at a speed necessary for adequate job performance.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Learn to interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures.
- Work independently without supervision.
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible clerical experience.
Pay = $25.99/hr
Meet Your Recruiter
I love working with job seekers! As the office manager for Proper Solutions, I wear many hats and recruiting is my favorite. Living in the Coachella Valley for the last 30+ years has allowed me to build relationships with many local business and leaders. Please feel free to reach out via email firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you!