Accounts Payable for Non-Profit
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Palm Desert, CA 92260 US
Our client, a local non-profit, has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Coordinator. The Accounts Payable Coordinator processes all invoices and payments for all vendors on a routine basis, maintains all service contracts, and is responsible for check runs and reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process all invoices, purchase orders, packing slips for payment, and settle any disputes or discrepancies. Place all miscellaneous purchase orders.
- Be courteous while assisting clients and staff; and be professional in conduct and appearance at all times.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and the organization. Maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Maintain and distribute all purchase orders, and verify that each has the proper approvals and authorizations.
- Code and enter invoices and work with the Controller for review and approval.
- Communicate with the COO on all payment requests and related issues for vendors.
- Prepare aged A/P reports for the COO as needed and on a timely basis.
- Research and reconcile vendor statements on routine or as needed basis.
- Maintain control and distribution of all company credit cards, including the VISA card. Reconcile the monthly statements and process for payment.
- Maintain all existing and new service contracts as needed.
- Prepare the weekly check run, or as needed, with the payment approval of the COO. Obtain the necessary signatures and mail or distribute checks.
- Prepare and submit the annual IRS 1099 forms to vendors and IRS. Obtain all required tax ID information from new vendors (W-9).
- Negotiate best prices, payment terms and fees with vendors/suppliers.
- Assist with processing of monthly client billing to IRC and DOR.
- Act as back-up to the G/L Clerk to disburse authorized petty cash requests.
- Become cross-trained in other job functions in the accounting department as directed by the Controller.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 1 to 2 years of accounts payable experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid California Driver License/current insurance (if applicable)
- Proficient with data entry skills with Word, Outlook, Excel programs, Quick Books Accounting software plus 10 key calculator.
- Excellent verbal, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Attend all safety and required training classes
Monday Friday 8: 00 am to 4: 30 pm
Pay = $20/HR
Meet Your Recruiter
I love working with job seekers! As the office manager for Proper Solutions, I wear many hats and recruiting is my favorite. Living in the Coachella Valley for the last 30+ years has allowed me to build relationships with many local business and leaders. Please feel free to reach out via email email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you!