Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Indio, CA 92203 US
Our client is looking for a full-time AP/AR Clerk with at least 3- 5 years of experience. Sage 100 experience is a plus!
Performs support tasks and activities in the accounts payable/receivable function. Compiles amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations /individuals. Gathers purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc., and prepares payments. Maintains all payment, receipt and other transaction records. Duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Processes credit card payments and/or makes deposits with checks in our bank account
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts payable/receivable as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers/vendors, colleagues, and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Pay = $17-18/HR DOE
Meet Your Recruiter
I love working with job seekers! As the office manager for Proper Solutions, I wear many hats and recruiting is my favorite. Living in the Coachella Valley for the last 30+ years has allowed me to build relationships with many local business and leaders. Please feel free to reach out via email email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you!