Front Desk Receptionist for Public Agency
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Essential and General Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of complex clerical assistance duties for the assigned department.
- Compose routine correspondence and memoranda as assigned.
- Greet visitors and the public; provide assistance and information concerning events, activities and programs, department policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain various departmental documents, records, reports, payment vouchers and other materials; duplicate quantities of materials and assure timely distribution and receipt as assigned.
- Perform clerical duties such as maintaining schedules, calendars, making arithmetic computations and verifying information from clearly indicated sources.
- Maintain a wide variety of complex and inter-related records, inventories and files.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as computers, adding machines, duplicating machines, scanner and laminator.
- Assist with or handle ordering and maintaining office facilities, supplies, and services.
- Assist other staff members as required to complete department work in a timely manner.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; answer telephone calls; refer calls to appropriate person.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Operation of a computer terminal.
- Recordkeeping techniques.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Basic policies, procedures, activities and programs of assigned officer.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties without close supervision.
- Operate various office machines such as a computer and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications, adding machine and duplicating machines.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Type at 45 words per minute from clear copy.
- Ability to safely travel from site to site, as needed.
- Learn to interpret, apply and explain laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; meet the public with courtesy and tact.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
Experience and Training
Two (2) years of increasingly responsible clerical experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent education.