Accounts Receivable Clerk
Indian Wells, CA 92210
Billing & Accounts Receivable Specialist works closely with the Accounting Manager, assists other accounting staff members, and responds to other departments billing & accounts receivable questions. The Billing & A/R Specialist makes sure all contracts and agreements are properly invoiced, customer payments are received and applied accurately and entered into the accounting software. Keeps records organized and available for auditors. Ability to manage any increased receivable volume that accompanies the special events throughout the year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process monthly tennis club member billings according to contract terms and conditions and process customer accounts receivables. Follow up on customer accounts receivable issues and call on past due invoices as needed.
- Process sponsorship contract invoices and accounts receivables according to the terms and conditions in customer contracts.
- Read billing terms in customer contracts and create invoices according to contract terms.
- Daily data entry and processing of sales and customer payment applications for various departments, including Suites, Sponsorship, Retail & Food & Beverage
- Manage scheduling cash order and armored pickups when needed.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts and bank transactions
- Prepare analysis of General Ledger accounts.
- Monitor customer accounts to ensure payments are current.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain customer files and timely filing of paperwork.
- Produce monthly sales and open receivables reports.
- Detailed month-end closing and year- end financial closing and audit preparation.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and work with auditors.
- Maintain accurate historical records.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years accounts receivable or general accounting experience
- Associate degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of billing for multiple business types/departments, accounts receivables management, journal entries, revenue recognition and financial statement preparation
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, standards and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Proficient in data entry and management
Key Billing and Accounts Receivables Skills and Competencies:
- Cash Handling
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Communication skills
- Customer relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Accounting theory
- Data entry
- Math addition, subtraction, multiplication, division & some algebra
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills (active thought process)
- Results oriented
- Think critically
- Time management
- Team work
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Pleasant and friendly
- Ability to read and interpret documents, spreadsheets and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively when working with partners, vendors, VIPs or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel
- Knowledge of accounting software (such as Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, NetSuite, or similar)
- Knowledge of credit card merchant service providers (such as Square, Stripe, PayPal or similar)
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems (such as Retail Pro, Square, Revel, Suite Retail, Fusion or similar)
- Cash Counter/Coin Counter
- 10-Key Calculators
The position enjoys regular 8: 30 to 5 working hours; however, based on events, might include nights, weekends and major holidays.