HR Generalist for Non-Profit
74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 , 74900 HWY 111, Ste 114, Indian Wells, CA 92210 Indio, CA 92201 US
Our client, a local non-profit, has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist to provide support at a corporate level for approximately 85 employees. Partners with management to communicate human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations. Implements human resources strategies through department accountabilities for (not limited to) talent acquisition, the administration of compensation and benefits programs, training and development, employee retention, and compliance with all applicable employment Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations regarding employment practices (e.G., EEO, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, FEHA, etc.).
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above-average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping and working knowledge of PowerPoint with the ability to develop skills to produce training presentations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to make decisions based on educational preparation and experience, which reflect consistency with organization philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the organization' s Mission and Vision.
- Answer inquiries and provide information within the scope of authority and according to established policy and procedures; assess inquiries and appropriately refer for follow-up.
- Coordinate internal and external job postings and perform resume review, distribution, and tracking.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
- Participate in investigations coordinated through the Executive Team.
- Organize and participate during terminations of employment and ensure compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary notification documents (i.E., COBRA, UI, SDI, etc.).
- Perform exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance with government file retention requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the hiring process to ensure the following:
- Candidate contacted, and employment offer is made.
- Schedule and perform intake process and ensure all required documentation is completed and signed off; review benefits; report status to the hiring manager and confirm hire start and New Employee Orientation dates with both the new hire and hiring manager.
- Provide information on drug and alcohol screening as part of the hiring process, and if applicable, the fingerprint process is completed and approval received prior to employee placement.
- Ensure new data is entered into the payroll system and new hires receive paperwork to complete their process.
- Create and maintain employee personnel files.
- Notify payroll of any employee action relevant to their area of responsibility.
- Ensure notification to employees of any personnel action that will impact benefits eligibility.
- Maintain and update organizational charts for program areas.
- Actively participate in New Employee Orientation.
- Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Minimum Education and Experience: Certificate earned from two year/24 unit college/university program in Human Resources Management and four years as a Human Resources Generalist with a specific focus on employment law and government regulations.
Market Education and Experience: BA in Business, Public Administration or Human Resources Management, three years as a Human Resources Generalist at a management level with a specific focus on employment law and government regulations, and demonstrated proficiency in a key area of Human Resources such as compensation, risk management, recruitment/training, and development.
Full-time / Mon - Fri
MUST BE VACCINATED
Benefits: Dental/Vision insurance, Employee assistance program, Health/Life insurance, Paid time off
Meet Your Recruiter
I love working with job seekers! As the office manager for Proper Solutions, I wear many hats and recruiting is my favorite. Living in the Coachella Valley for the last 30+ years has allowed me to build relationships with many local business and leaders. Please feel free to reach out via email firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you!